Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sky Broadband installation waiting times

OK, so you want sky broadband internet in your new home, no worries. Sign up for the service through the Sky website and they will schedule your installation 25 days in future.

I was thinking, well maybe the installation takes time, requires complicated works to be done. Well not really. (unless you do not even have the wire reaching your home which is very rare)

So Sky ships the broadband router with instructions on how to set it up yourself. You do set it up yourself. Then on the day of installation an engineer comes over, does nothing, calls the central and they activate your sky broadband account. Wooow. I'm amazed. And for this you need to wait 25 days.

They can as well send me the rooter the next day, I install it and call them to activate. Total time required - max 3 days.

Try and demand more from your broadband. This is part of their ad that I see in the tube every day - "Demand more from your broadband".

Demanding more... this would be the topic of my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Definitly agree about this topic. I am trying out the 6Mbps is really misleading. I ran some test if it was true hahaha it never even reached the 4Mbps. To make things worse the signal would spike on the internet but non sustaining. Looks like they found a way to show the speed is that much when you go to speedtest or cnet. This is what i used because a more worldly test is more accurate. http://testmy.net/ this is more accurate and True.

    ReplyDelete